Back to the Barn
| General Information
| General | Business/Economy | Utilities | Community | Local Government | Visit Wisner |
The town site was surveyed and platted in 1871 by J.W.E. Farrell and became incorporated on May 14, 1873. The F.E.&M.V. Railroad stockholders purchased the tract of land and named it Wisner after S.P. Wisner, a vice president of the railroad company.
Growth in the community was constant as lots were sold and dwellings and businesses were erected. For eight years the town was the terminus of the railroad making it a central shipping point for agricultural products and livestock. Hence, the livestock feeding industry developed in close proximity of Wisner.
The primary economic activities include farming and cattle and hog feeding. The primary retail area extends from 5 to 11 miles around Wisner.
For further information, contact the Wisner city office:
City of Wisner|
c/o Barbara S. Rabe, City Clerk/Treasurer
P.O. Box 367
Wisner, NE 68791-0367
Phone: (402) 529-6616
Fax: (402) 529-6425